Rinse caulflower and remove any leaves and stem. Grate using a food processor or a box grater.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower "rice", salt and pepper and saute for 5-8 minutes.
Variations: This recipe can be modified in infinite ways.
- Saute garlic, onions or peppers for a few minutes until they begin to soften, and then add the cauliflower.
- Try adding different spices that compliment the main dish: cumin and chili powder, Italian herbs, or fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, thyme or basil.
- A Mexican version may include red pepper, chile powder, cumin, cilantro and black beans.
- Make chicken or vegetable fried rice by sauteeing chunks of chicken, snow peas, or mung bean sprouts with the cauliflower and add tamari, scallion, and as a final step mix in two eggs and cook covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon or lime over cauliflower before serving (Recipe♦246)