How will you know if your breakfasting habits are causing your problems with mood and energy? Take the Suppers Breakfast Challenge to get data! Click here for details.
1 pounddried lentils (pink take 20 minutes, green can take over 45 minutes)
8 ouncescan of plain tomato sauce
8 cupschopped vegetables (frozen is fine) (celery, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, kale, cualiflower, parsnips, carrots)
24 ouncesPrepared Broth (Chicken or Vegetable or Your Choice)
1 tablespoonoil (high quality fat of choice)
2 tablespoonscurry paste (Or 1 teaspoon curry powder)
1 cupjared salsa (no added sugar)
- Thinly coat a large pot with oil.
- Rinse lentils and place in the large pot with oil.
- Cover broth, plus one inch more. Add more water if you need to.
- Bring to a simmer. While simmering, add the tomato sauce, chopped vegetables.
- Simmer until lentils are tender. Pink lentils take 20 mins or so; green lentils may take up to an hour.
- If you like more zing, add the curry paste and/or salsa during the simmering.
- Salt may not be needed, taste before you add it.
- Add water as needed so lentils do not dry out.